The US workforce shortage crisis is growing, especially in the largest part of the labor market – middle-skill jobs.
- Baby boomers are retiring and taking their intellectual talents with them. Companies need to “train-up” existing staff while competing to fill current and evolving talent gaps.
- Millennials – even those with a college degree – entered the workforce deficient in hard and soft skills. Many today are underemployed and drowning in educational debt.
- Gen Z, our next generation of workers, crave a fully immersive educational experience. An entrepreneurial spirit equips them to fill the demands of a future workforce. Yet many are unaware of the diverse skills and opportunities today’s industries offer.
Employers need skilled workers to fill 6.7 million job openings. Yet the college experience has become disconnected from the skills that employers demand, and the cost to compete for talent is high.
Workforce development through modern apprenticeships is a 21st-century solution to recruitment, training, and retention. Apprenticeship programs, mostly known in the trade industry, now include diverse roles in IT, Healthcare, Finance, Advanced Manufacturing, and more so that employers can:
- Attract the best employees.
- Reduce turnover.
- Decrease training costs.
- Increase productivity.
- Ensure availability of skilled professionals.
- Improve community and employee relations.
Franklin Apprenticeships consultants, technologies, and methodologies orchestrate and manage the entire apprenticeship process – empowering employers to grow talent and develop a motivated, middle-skilled workforce. Our Success Framework leverages best of breed programmatic expertise as a proven model that unites communities, companies, educators, and individuals.
Find out about a Franklin Apprenticeship program in your State, or reach out to us to discuss how to begin a program in your organization.