For Franklin Apprenticeships’ inaugural AutoMOtive! Apprentice podcast series, we ask Scott Turnbaugh, Franklin’s lead Career Agent, and Robin Ferguson, a 20+ year automotive industry veteran, is this apprenticeship for real — or is it too good to be true?
With all of the “get a job today” scams circling in the market, you may be thinking that this program sounds too good to be true. You’re not alone.
Scott Turnbaugh, Franklin’s lead Career Agent, and Robin Ferguson, a 20+ year automotive industry veteran who is instrumental in connecting Franklin’s apprentices with employers, are often asked: is this for real? Do I need to pay anything to apply? Will I really get paid from day one? Can I stay with the same company after graduating from the program?
In this podcast, we answer your questions about our program, and hope to reassure you that yes, this is the real deal! So if you’re feeling a bit skeptical about the program, listen up, because this is the podcast for you.
Here is what you’ll discover:
- What exactly the program is all about. (2:13)
- Is an apprentice a full-time employee or temp? How does that work? (3:51)
- If a candidate picks up skills quickly, can he or she move through a program faster? (4:59)
- What are the requirements to be an apprentice? (6:17)
- The steps to take to become an apprentice yourself. (7:15)