Introducing AutoMOtive! You Build Your Business. We’ll Drive Your Workforce.
The automotive industry faces an estimated 25,000 technician shortfalls. An industry sector that is an important part of Missouri’s proud history and economic growth, automotive businesses need a solution to their Auto Technician shortages.
- Demand for Auto Technicians is growing, while professional interest is diminishing.
- Sourcing, screening, and training qualified candidates is time-consuming and costly.
- Finding candidates with the proper skills, motivation and interest is challenging.
- Turnover and competition is high, and when employees leave, they take that training with them.
Franklin Apprenticeships introduces AutoMOtive!, an Apprenticeship program supported by a Missouri Division of Workforce Development Grant for Dislocated Workers.
What Is Included?
- Training (technical, classroom and soft skills) including employee ASE certification at program completion.
- Success Coach and Franklin Skills Tracker.
What Are The Costs?
- Pilot employer Grant recipients are eligible for State subsidy under the State Grant. Please contact us for details.
- Employer sets hourly wage to match current entry level journeyman wage.
- Employer pays reduced Apprentice wages – 65% starting wage – Increases to 75% < 85% < 100% as competencies are achieved.
What Is An AutoMOtive! Service Technician Role?
- ASE Entry Level Certifications in Engine Repair, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems.
- Combined with on the job training, some Apprentices will advance far enough to reach a G1 certification.
Learn more about our AutoMOtive! program.