About Franklin Apprenticeships
Franklin Apprenticeships is a women-owned company that helps employers fill mission-critical tech roles with undiscovered, diverse talent. By removing the barriers of a college degree and prior experience, Franklin finds outstanding candidates from all walks of life with an aptitude for tech, helps them to become job-ready, and matches them with employers. Our mission is to change family trees and corporate cultures with tech apprenticeships – and our formula for success is working extremely well.
The team at Franklin Apprenticeships is, above all else, passionate about making a difference by giving people a chance at a rewarding professional career. Our team includes world-renowned experts in learning, industry-leading professional coaches, top-notch recruiters, and experienced professionals who are bright, kind, and get things done. We are a virtual team based across the United States. We hire incredibly smart people and foster a team environment that supports and celebrates our success. In turn, this creates an amazing culture for employees.
About the Sales Director Role
We are looking for an overachieving B2B sales professional to help drive continued growth with large enterprise clients across the US and grow into a Sales Leadership role. We are currently serving 30 Fortune 500 companies. Our sales team has a suite of services supported by fabulous success stories and referenceable clients. As Sales Director, you are eager to use your consultative selling skills to hunt and educate prospective clients on the value of Franklin Apprenticeships. This role is heavily focused on net new logo/new business with large enterprise companies. You will serve as a trusted advisor, share insights and continually seek opportunities for growth to expand account penetration.
What You’ll Do
- Cross-sell and up-sell to our existing client base by developing professional relationships across the organizations to dramatically increase apprentice placements
- Deliver sales presentations to clients and prospects at all levels and in various departments (i.e., HR, Technology, Diversity Equity & Inclusion) of Fortune 1000 companies within a prescribed territory; address benefits, competitive advantages, and business terms; facilitate technical follow-up to close the sale
- Manage sales process utilizing CRM to track pipeline and activities; participate in sales planning status meetings
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Franklins’ program offerings and the competitive landscape
- Meet or exceed quota of $1.0 million in sales in first 12 months
- Work collaboratively with other teams within Franklin, including Talent Solutions, Marketing, Operations and Success Coaching
- Timely pursue leads generated through marketing initiatives
- Grow into player-coach within 6-months, building and mentoring your sales team while growing our market position by identifying, developing, defining, and closing business relationships
Desired Skills and Experience You Bring
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience selling to C/VP level at Fortune 500/1000 by articulating a clear value proposition and reference selling leveraging your tech background
- Confirmed experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists with proven ability to build credibility quickly and transition prospects to clients
- Professional account management experience, including working with large, complex organizations with multiple decision-makers
- Ability to uncover and prioritize prospective client’s needs to drive a shortened sales cycle
- Self-starter willing to roll up sleeves and make things happen; entrepreneurial spirit
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills leveraging CRM to track and manage pipeline and activities
- Plan to move into Sales Leadership; this role provides an accelerated path to management
- High level of clock speed; ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet
- Experience thriving in start-up/Series A companies, a plus (but not required)
- Passion for our mission
Qualities and Values You Bring
- Drive and sense of urgency
- Professional approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Listening skills
- Persistent – without being abrasive
- Collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Strong sales operating discipline
- People – We put people first, always. We respect different views and value diversity in the broadest sense of the word. We practice listening, honesty, and transparency. We believe leadership is a behavior, not a job title. We value learning, as individuals and as a company.
- Purpose – We are driven by the impact we can make as individuals and as a team. We take our commitments seriously because our work is important. Together we are changing lives, strengthening businesses, and growing the American economy.
- Passion – We approach challenges with a fighting spirit. We advocate for our apprentices, our customers and each other. We make things happen because we know every day is a chance to make something better.
What We Offer
- Remote position, work from home
- Talented team, working with fun, hardworking people who are focused on making a difference
- Accelerated career development opportunities
- Generous PTO plan
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Base pay ranges from $100K-$125K + commission
- Department: Sales | Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Directly or Indirectly Manages: Not currently applicable – looking for someone who wants to and will quickly transition to sales management
- Date of last job evaluation: January 2023
- Please note: This job description is aimed at describing the core output that should be achieved in this role. It is not intended to include specific tasks, temporary activities, or projects, to recognize flexibility in a changing context.