Learn and Earn as a Network Engineer Apprentice! You will gain industry recognized certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft), earn wage increases based on learning achievements and learn on the job from experienced peers, mentors, managers and educators at no cost. Gain industry -recognized certifications that are portable and stackable, allowing you to build on a rock-solid foundation as you advance.
We are seeking high quality, motivated candidates inspired to learn and we have immediate openings in your area.
Core job responsibilities for a network engineer apprentice may include:
- Travel to client locations as dispatched to respond to incidents and change requests
- Perform troubleshooting activities, associated with incident resolution.
- Perform software and hardware break/fix as required at the Network Operations Center’s direction.
- Perform client moves, adds, changes, and deletes on covered systems as directed by the NOC.
- Provide backup monitoring of customer systems remotely, addressing issues as they occur and working proactively to ensure best performance with minimal interruptions.
- Support both Customers, Help Desk , and System Engineers in problem resolution and project implementation.
- Assist in the deployment of IT infrastructures and protection strategies to support client business plans.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience with:
- Windows Server and Desktop operating systems
- Designing, installing and/or supporting networks in multiple environments for multiple clients.
- Strong proficiency in configuring, deploying and troubleshooting all of the following networking services: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPNs, VLANs, VIPs, ACLs, Routing, Switching
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Candidates with any of the following are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Prior knowledge and experience with design, implementation
- Microsoft O365 migrations/implementations/support
- Firewall replacements
- Cisco Meraki
Apprentice Requirements include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong technical aptitude
- Genuine interest in building and maintaining networks
- 2 plus years of on the job IT experience (help desk at at least a Tier 2 level, System Admin, LAN Admin or Network Admin)
- IT certification(s)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Franklin Apprenticeships is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.