Complete Franklin’s free Cybersecurity Pre-Apprenticeship program to find out your interest and aptitude for a career in cybersecurity. With this program, you’ll gain foundational knowledge and industry-recognized certifications, with the support of a Franklin Success Coach.
After you complete the Cybersecurity Pre-Apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to be connected with Franklin employers seeking Cybersecurity Apprentices, and you’ll also stand out to other employers in need of these critical skills.
Cybersecurity Fundamentals: 4 Courses / 55 hours
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks. This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity from the history to an overview of cybersecurity tools
- Cybersecurity Roles, Processes & Operating System Security. This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity people, processes and technology.
- Cybersecurity Compliance Framework & System Administration. This course gives you the background needed to understand the key cybersecurity compliance and industry standards. You will also learn basic knowledge around system administration and cryptography. This knowledge will be important for you to learn no matter what cybersecurity role you would like to acquire or have within an organization.
- Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities. This course gives you the background needed to understand basic network security, database vulnerabilities and the tools needed to research a database vulnerability.
- New Collar Professional Skills. This program consists of five different courses and one badge quiz. Each of the required course links and the quiz are accessible within this section.
- Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner. The Practitioner Course will give learners a baseline of Enterprise Design Thinking skills: collaboration, synthesis, design research, prototyping, and storytelling.
- Introduction to Agile. The Introduction to Agile course provides course participants with a foundational understanding of Agile values, principles, and practices that allows learners to initiate an Agile conversation with co-workers and colleagues.
- Solving Problems with Critical and Creative Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
- Collaborate Effectively
- Delivering Quality Work with Agility
- Present with Purpose
- Professional Skills Badge Quiz
- Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner – Training
- Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner – Badge Confirmation
- Introduction to Agile
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Cybersecurity Roles, Processes & Operating System Security
- Cybersecurity Compliance Framework & System Administration
- Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities
Apprentice Requirements include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong technical aptitude
- Genuine interest in a career in IT
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills