In celebration of National Apprenticeship Week IBM & Franklin Apprenticeships spoke with pre-apprentices, current apprentices and recent apprenticeship graduates who shared their stories, their journeys, their advice and more! Here’s a replay from the event held on Wednesday, Nov 12th.
To help employers create a diverse, sustainable workforce for IBM Z®, IBM and Franklin have teamed to deliver the new IBM Z® Apprenticeship Program for Apprentices available to IBM clients across the United States. The program provides:
- A proven recruitment process capable of attracting a diverse and inclusive talent pool of New Collar candidates
- As part of the recruiting process, a free online pre-apprenticeship program, designed to provide foundational mainframe knowledge and to vet candidates for aptitude, work ethic, and passion for the IBM Z®platform
- 320 hours of virtual online technical training for each apprentice resulting in IBM digital credentials and access to IBM subject matter experts throughout the apprenticeship
- Individual learning paths for each apprentice with defined competency standards
- Dedicated Success Coaches responsible for working with apprentices, managing program administration, and ensuring high quality outcomes for all
This nationwide IT apprenticeship program is designed from the ground up to answer the personnel needs of some of IBM’s largest clients, especially in banking and financial services. It’s great opportunity to achieve in-demand IT skills and a rewarding career.
The pre-apprenticeship program is free to all interested applicants and features topics including Introduction to Computer Science, Introduction to z/OS and Systems Programming on IBM Z. Candidates who successfully complete this 100+ hour self-directed pre-apprenticeship will be interviewed by IBM’s end-user clients for hire as a paid apprentice into the IBM Z® Apprenticeship Program for US Employers.
IBM Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will provide additional support and guidance on the technical content, and you’ll be supported and mentored by a Franklin Personal Success Coach throughout your journey.
Franklin expects this new program to open a world of opportunities for many candidates across the country, and we’re proud to launch this program with one of the world’s leading technology organizations. If you’re client, click here to learn more about the program.