Franklin Apprenticeships has teamed with IBM to deliver the IBM Z® Apprenticeship program. This program is designed to train the next generation of enterprise computing talent for organizations who rely on the scope and scale of mainframe computing for their business operations.
What is IBM Z®? The IBM Z® platform is critical to large-scale enterprise success and meeting the world’s ever-changing digital business demands, delivering core services for cloud and hybrid cloud environments, and supporting mission-critical transactions.
In celebration of National Apprenticeship Week IBM, Franklin Apprenticeships, Urban Institute and M&T Bank came together to discuss the new IBM Z® Apprenticeship program available to IBM clients across the United States. This program is designed to train the next generation of enterprise computing talent for organizations who rely on the scope and scale of IBM Z® for their business operations. Here’s a replay from the event held on Monday, Nov 9th.
To help employers create a diverse, sustainable workforce for IBM Z®, IBM and Franklin have teamed to deliver the new IBM Z® Apprenticeship program available to IBM clients across the United States. The program provides:
- A proven recruitment process capable of attracting a diverse and inclusive talent pool of New Collar candidates
- As part of the recruiting process, a free online pre-apprenticeship program, designed to provide foundational mainframe knowledge and to vet candidates for aptitude, work ethic, and passion for the IBM Z®platform
- 320 hours of virtual online technical training for each apprentice resulting in IBM digital credentials and access to IBM subject matter experts throughout the apprenticeship
- Individual learning paths for each apprentice with defined competency standards
- Dedicated Success Coaches responsible for working with apprentices, managing program administration, and ensuring high quality outcomes for all